Thursday, January 13, 2005

Lost In Translation



I watched it on Saturday. No, actually I started to watch it on Staurday but then had to go to a party so I finished it on Sunday. Anyway, I think I've only just started to process it properly. It's taken me forever to get round to seeing it, and once I had I felt a bit like, "Oh."
Not really in a bad way, but Abi didn't like it and it always affects me if someone doesn't like a film at the exact same time I am trying to absorb it properly.
Anyway, get to the point. I've been reading some reviews which I found helpful, (I tend to read more film reviews AFTER I've seen them than before) and I found it all fit into place in my head and now I'm going mental that I sent the DVD back. I need to see it about another three times I think. What a perfect follow up to The Virgin Suicides. It's the kind of film I would want to watch in exactly the kind of mood I am in right now. (See previous post)

How Interesting. Is it not? That I wrote that stuff and now have realised the reason I felt like that is because I was trying to process a quite complex film and deal with the feelings it had given me. I love it when things like that happen.

If you ain't seen, watch LiT ASAP.